Thursday, October 28, 2010

Tutorial: Sheer Smokey with Cat Eye

I was flipping through one of my makeup books- Eye Candy by Linda Mason to be exact- and I saw this look:
I wanted to make this look more "out there" so I added a thick liquid liner cat eye: 


Steps to achieve the above look: 
**Click the pictures for a magnified view. the post wouldn't format correctly if I made them any bigger, sorry!** 

1. Apply a base. I used NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk


2. Rub the base onto your eyelid all the way up to the brow bone. Smudge a little on your lower lash line as well. 



3. Using a small flat eyeshadow brush, apply a light shimmery grey color all over the lid. Apply a little on your lower lash line. 



4. Take a different brush and apply a matte darker grey along both lash lines. Create a winged tip (follow your lower lash line up to get the perfect shape) 


 

5. Using a liquid liner or liner pen, line your upper lash line. Following your lower lash line up create the wing tip. Bring it back to the upper lash line by drawing it at an angle. 



 6. Now use a eye liner and line your water line and tight line as well as filling in any bare spots in the cat eye liner. 




7. Using the mascara of your choice apply 2 coats to your upper and lower lashes. 



 The look is complete! I hope you enjoyed this :) 




p.s. i realize one eye is a lot better than the other hahaha :) 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment