Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cold Weather Essentials

Now that the weather is crisp and cold I have started using different products and have reoccuring loves. My skin gets especially dry in the cold weather season so I use different products for this reason. 

Body Butter
For me, body butter works best for my dry skin. I apply it right after I get out of the shower to lock in the moisture. My favorite's come from the Body Shop. I love the Mango and Strawberry scents. The formula does feel a little greasy but it goes away after a while. I apply it at night so when I wake up my skin is soft and moisturized but not greasy. 

Lip Balm
My lips get very dry and I have the bad habit of licking them when they feel dry which makes it worse. I can't get enough of Nivea's A Kiss of Moisture. The formula is very thick and soft. I have tried other Nivea lip products but my favorite is A Kiss of Moisture. The Milk and Honey one is nice but I find that I have to reapply it alot more often than A Kiss of Moisture. 

Salt/Sugar Scrub
In the winter it is essential to exfoliate your skin to remove the dead dry skin that builds up. By removing the dead skin you are allowing your skin to soak up the lotion or moisturizer, otherwise it will just sit on top of your skin. 

Face Exfoliator
The same goes for my face. I notice if I don't exfoliate at least once a week, my lotion doesn't absorb into my skin. It is important to use a gentler exfoliator in the colder months so it isn't so abrasive on your skin. 

Night Creme

Night time is the perfect time to put on a thick creme. It allows your skin to soak up the rich moisture for 8 hours, give or take depending on how much sleep you get :). I personally love the Arbonne

Candles

There is something about the soft flicker of a candle flame that makes me feel warm. I love the fall and winter scents and having that extra warm feeling makes it a must.

Fuzzy Socks
Fuzzy socks go perfectly with a nice hot cup of hot cocoa and a blanket by the fireplace. I wear fuzzy socks whenever I'm at home and even out (under boots of course) to keep my feet extra warm. There are so many fun prints and patterns. I find a lot of mine at Old Navy for around $5. I know Bath and Body Works, H+M, and other retailers sell them. 

1 comment:

  1. OMG fuzzy socks are my savior! haha I love them for winter!! I literally wore them everyday of my exams lol. I did a few similar posts to this but they were about cold weather clothes necessities. Check them out if you like :) Here are the links: http://fabulousfinds4.blogspot.com/2010/12/cold-weather-necessity-sporty-vests.html and http://fabulousfinds4.blogspot.com/2010/12/cold-weather-necessity-scarves.html

    ReplyDelete